Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Top Beauty Favorites of the Month


So these are my current favorites that i've been using a lot of lately. Although some of these products have been out for a while, i'd thought i'd share my opinion about them incase you were curious to try them for yourself.

1. Taylor Swift Incredible Things Perfume $50.00 (depending on size)- If you haven't tried this, you so need to! I am a huge fan of Taylor Swift and her perfumes, but this is one of my favorites of hers. The only thing I'm not the biggest fan about is the bottle itself. As you can see, It's really bland compared to Wonderstruck or Enchanted with their elegant bottles and pretty charms. It's just a white bottle and a sticker that wraps around. Oh well, in the end the scent is more important than the packaging. I would say to me it has a sweet smell with a mix of floral and vanilla, if that makes sense. I've honestly gotten a lot of compliments. A woman i work with literally stopped me to ask me what I was wearing, it was that nice. I bought mine from TaylorSwift.com because i was having trouble finding it elsewhere, but i've heard people tell me they have seen it at Kohl's. I just tried searching now and found it available on amazon if anyone is interested. If you're unsure, I'd try hitting up Macy's to see if they have it there for a sample!


2. Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub $9.95 - I've had this scrub for a while, but i recently started using it more with winter and the weather making my lips and skin dry. Not too much to say about this one, except that this stuff really helps get the dead skin off and (not that you'd probably want to eat) tastes/smells yummy! A little goes a long way. 


3. Define-A-Brow Eyebrow Pencil by Maybelline about $6.00 - I usually use my elf eyebrow kit to fill in my brows, but a good friend of introduced me to this product. So I decided to give it a try and I love it! If you're looking for something cheap, this is a great drug store eyebrow pencil to try out. They have it in light blonde, light brown, medium brown, and dark blonde. The only problem I had with it was that I'd use it, and a piece of the pencil would snap off! I figured out that it's best not to twist the pencil to get too much of the product. A little really goes a long way with this, and then you don't have to worry about pieces breaking off. 


3. Tea Tree Water by Lush $9.85 3.3 fl oz  - I never really used toner before, but i LOVE this stuff. Any products that i've used containing tea tree have been great for my skin. I spray it on after i cleansed my face. If you have oily acne prone skin like I do, I think you'd find this product really beneficial!


4.  The Body Shop Skin Primer Matte It $15.00 0.5 fl oz - Okay, i've heard so many great things about this primer, so i just had to finally order it and i'm so glad i did! This stuff really helps matte my oily skin. I put it on after i moisturize my face, and it makes your skin feel so silky and soft. After I used it, i applied the rest of my make up and checked to see how oily my face got at the end of the day. The only place I noticed a tad bit of oil was around my forehead area, but if i applied powder after this in my T zone, i was good to go for the day. Once again, a little goes a long way with this product so i think it'll last months. 


5. Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer about $8.00 - I have tried a lot of concealers for my circles, but this one is my second purchase. I think it's safe to say I love it. I'm pretty fair skinned, but the lightest shade matches great with my skin. I even use it to conceal any small blemishes, and it works fantastic! There is 5 shades for it, but it's definitely a good drug store concealer to consider. Oh, if you're wondering what happened to the sponge applicator that comes on top of it, i took it off. I don't really like using sponges because of how much bacteria they contain, so i apply it with clean fingers instead. I find it blends better this way anyway. 


6. Benefits Poisetint and High Beam- I got these two in a cheek set by Benefit for Christmas. The poisetint is literally the perfect pink that makes you look instantly brighter. I've never used a stain blush before, but i find that i actually like how it looks better than a powder one. I was worried that when i applied it, it would be too much product since they recommend using three brush strokes on the apples of your cheeks, but it blends out nicely and definitely doesn't look overpowering. It says you can also use it on your lips for a pop of color with some lipgloss over it, but i prefer to just keep to the cheeks. The high beam is also a wonderful highlight when used together with the poisetint. 


7. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream $8.99 - I don't use foundation ever. If I'm not just using concealer, I prefer using a BB cream. Although this one has been out for a while, I love it. I wish it was a little lighter, but i find that if I mix it with moisturizer I can get it to the perfect shade. It's just enough coverage if you're looking for some light coverage on the skin. I'm one of those awful people who always forgets to put sunscreen on my face, but with this i'm getting coverage, while blocking my skin from the suns rays. 


What are some of your favorites this month? Leave me some recommendations to try out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme