Friday, March 20, 2015

Everyday Face Routine for Acne-prone Skin

First I start by cleansing my face. I use my CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser everyday. My skin tends to by more on the oily side, so the foaming cleanser is perfect for my skin. A few times a week, I follow that with my Alba Boanica AcneDote Deep Pore Wash focused on my t-zone. I wasn't the biggest fan of this at first, but I find that the active ingredient, salicylic acid, helps with blackheads better.

I follow this with my acne.org treatment (benzoyl peroxide 2.5%). I've been using this stuff for a few years now to control breakouts, and i really do absolutely love it. I find that if i'm breaking out at all, this stuff is perfect at taking care of it.

 Since I'm using that treatment on my skin, it tends to get dried out, so i always follow with a good moisturizer.  I've been using my CeraVe moisturizing lotion, and I haven't had any issues with breaking out from it.

If you're looking for a good cleanser or moisturizer, I'd recommend the brands CeraVe or Cetaphil. Those both worked very well for me.

2 comments:

  1. So the issue is I'm looking for a night moisturizer, something light that works- the neutrogena one makes my face oily when I wake. Any suggestions?

    Selecting Dentist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! I have that issue as well sometimes. Oily skin can be tough to deal with. It can take some time to find something that works really well. I would look at reviews online for oily-prone skin. Doing some research can be helpful. I use my CeraVe for my face during the night and day. If you're experiencing oily skin when you wake, i wouldn't worry too much. You probably already do this, but to help you can wash your face in the morning too. My friend gave me The Body Shop Tea Tree Clearing Lotion, and i find that has a nice cooling effect while also controlling shine. Some people said it made their face dry, but i haven't had that issue maybe since my skin is on the oily side. Hopefully this helped. If I find any products i find work well, i'll be sure to post about it here :)

      Delete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme